- Plant your container and Ball & Burlap (B & B) trees.
- Keep pansies moist, especially when air is cold and dry.
- Mulch all beds including those around trees to help with moisture retention. Mulch keeps the areas from freezing as deeply.
- Continue mowing cool-season lawns on a regular basis or when grass is 3-4” tall. Do not cut off more than a third on each mowing.
- Remove leaves from cool-season grasses or mow with a mulching lawn mower.
- Continue planting spring flowering bulbs. See Planting Guidelines for details.
- Continue to control broadleaf weeds in well established warm or cool-season lawns with ferti-lome Weed Free Zone post emergent broadleaf weed killer.
- If soil is dry, irrigate all plantings, especially broadleaf evergreens and conifers, at least 24 hours before hard-freezing weather.
- Review the year’s schedule and make plans for next year’s improvements.
Don’t forget to check out Marcum’s Christmas trees, wreaths, poinsettias, LED lights, and all Christmas décor to have yourself a Merry Christmas.
Start a new tradition with a live Christmas tree that you can plant for years of Christmas memories.
Note: Thanks to Oklahoma Coop Extension Service for providing some of the suggested maintenance guidelines.
For questions regarding December maintenance guidelines, please call Goldsby 405 288-2368, Oklahoma City 405 691-9100, Norman 405 447-3100 or Ardmore 580 223-1846.