- Water young plantings well. See Marcum’s Nursery Watering Guidelines on website or in store for details.
- Get ready for mums, pansies and kale fall plantings.
- Plant your container and evergreen trees.
- Select your deciduous B & B (Ball and Burlap) trees for fall/winter planting.
- Apply the last nitrogen fertilizer application of the year on warm-season grasses should be applied no later than September 15.
- Apply ferti-lome F-Stop for brown patch disease for fescue grass.
- Apply Hi-Yield Grub Free Zone III to keep mole crickets and white grubs away all season long.
- Pre-emerge using Oryzalin (Surflan), ferti-lome For All Seasons II Lawn Food Plus Crabgrass and Weed Preventer containing prodiamine(Barricade), Sure Green Sandbur & Crabgrass Preventer Plus Lawn Fertilizer for Sandburs and Crabgrass or Hi-Yield Turf and Ornamental Weed & Grass Stopper to keep annual Blue Grass from emerging plus other winter weeds. Apply early September. NOTE: DO NOT treat areas that will be seeded in the fall for fescue lawns.
- Pre-emerge using Hi-Yield Turf & Ornamental Weed & Grass Stopper Containing Dimensionor ferti-lome For All Seasons II Lawn Food Plus Crabgrass and Weed Preventer to prevent poaannua. Apply early September.
- Seed bluegrass, fescue or ryegrass as needed in shady areas in late September through mid-October.
- See Marcum’s Nursery watering guidelines for plants, trees and shrubs.
- Spring bulbs (tulips, daffodils, hyacinth, etc.) arrive in mid-September.
Note: Thanks to Oklahoma Coop Extension Service for providing some of the suggested maintenance guidelines.
For questions regarding July maintenance guidelines, please call Goldsby 405 288-2368, Oklahoma City 405 691-9100, Norman 405 447-3100 or Ardmore 580 223-1846.